The 7th ASEAN Traditional Textiles Symposium will support the new generations of traditional textile artisans in Southeast Asia.
Following the path of the past symposiums, the upcoming meeting will fulfill the mission of the TTASSEA:
- It shall advance knowledge of traditional textile materials, patterns and techniques.
- It shall foster a collective of textile enthusiasts of Southeast Asian textiles.
- It shall develop strategy to increase artisan’s productivity and quality of weaving.
The symposium presentations shall generate a framework of resolution, which encompass the followings:
- to protect the creativity and intellectual property right of the artisans through proper documentation of traditional textiles and to share the latest development of textile technology
- to create sustainable solutions for the millennial artisans to maintain high-quality productions
- to encourage artisan’s creativity in order to successfully compete in the global market.